Our bespoke ,world leading , Harlow CM20 based client are currently seeking "hands on " candidates with excellent Production leading talent .
· Production Team Manager (Materials ,FMCG, chemical or medical sectors etc. )
· - Salary is £33k (£28k + 18% shift premium).
Week 1 06:00 to 14:00 Monday to Friday
Week 2 14:00 to 22:00 Monday to Friday
Primarily responsible for the production targeted performance, leading a team (direct report up to 25 personal ) consisting of shift team operative packing hall operators, , primary operators, line support operators and a production administrator.
Key candidates with great communication skills both verbal and written., engineering production orientated bias must be able to demonstrate 3 years in a comparable manufacturing environment and at least 2 years of supervising experience.
The Shift Supervisors are expected to manage , develop and support the team working on the two rotating shifts . Monitor and ensure that the hand over to internal customers is seamless and to the company's agreed standards.
Exceeding and maintaining the efficient running of the manufacturing department with production packing and primary materials production by optimising outputs and quality.
This role is a interactive with with onsite - Engineering, Quality , Logistics Warehouse and Planning teams.
Key point of this manufacturing position include :
Hands on role in the production processes
- Lead and manage the operators to ensure targets are hit.
- Lead and manage Production Administrators to assure accurate booking of production and scrap.
- Ensure that the correct materials and components are available and in the right quantities to smoothly run production lines.
- Assume responsibility for problem material and ingredients and work towards solutions to avoid waste and downtime.
- Liaise with relevant departments for prioritising of jobs on the shopfloor when the schedule cannot be adhered to.
- Clear and precise handovers with the alternating shift.
- Ensure that ERP, Production and Quality paperwork reflect accurately the work completed.
- Take ownership for work instructions, so that they are both up to date and reflect working and quality practices.
- Induct new staff (including temps) into the production environment and ensure company protocols are followed.
- Develop team members by creating and implementing training plans.
- Participate in the collection of KPI data and analysis.
- Ensure first off checks completed on packing lines.
- Responsible for investigations into issues within the department, including complaints, NCR's, CARS, Hazard reports etc.
- Take a working part of the team in the implementation of new products and processes into production.
- Flexible approach to assist or cover roles / jobs within production where needed.
- An active role in ensuring employee compliance with Health and Safety legislation and have a positive influence on Health and Safety improvements.
- Be a positive and leading influence on housekeeping across the site.
- Play an active role in the operations management team.
Benefits to include :
Company's auto enrolment pension scheme ie ; Company will make contributions up to 5% into your plan and deduct up to 2% from your salary as personal contributions, 258 hours holiday , voluntary overtime , Enrolment in Company's health expenses scheme after successful completion of the probationary period .
This is a open PERMANENT Based Vacancy with a full on-site interview process
Candidates that have to give period of notice will be fully considered .
A fast track temporary to permanent option is also available for keen to start candidates .
Please send your full CV without delay >>>>>