HR GO Recruitment URGENTLY looking for a Waste Facilities Maintenance Assistant
What is the purpose of this role?
To help maintain the site and facilities appearance and condition to high standards of cleanliness, operation and safety. Assist across the site with planned and reactive tasks and repairs. Working under the supervision and guidance of the Facilities Technician.
What makes this role unique?
This is a dynamic position with varied and interesting tasks, which will include but are not limited to:
* Effectively cleaning down the building facias.
* Ensuring the site roads, pathways, parking, signage and are clean and useable.
* Provide traffic control assistance in emergency situations, ensuring roads are kept clear and emergency response vehicles are directed to the correct location
* Provide assistance with moving furniture, equipment, materials and stock as required.
* Basic maintenance/housekeeping tasks around the facilities to include associated M&E equipment, fixtures and fittings. Ensuring all defects are reported to the Team Leader.
* Carrying out and completing minor repairs as requested and required.
* All activities must be carried out in accordance with the safe working methods and with the supplied appropriate safety clothing and equipment.
* Present a professional and courteous image to our customers.
What will this role involve?
* Assist HGV driver with collecting refuse/recycling from requested locations and dispose of at the appropriate waste collection sites (mainly via dustcart but may include other vehicles).
* Carry out daily vehicle inspections and complete appropriate paperwork.
* Load materials and support other drivers as directed. This role involves manual handling.
* Operate the compaction controls of a company vehicle when required.
* Operate the 'in cab device'.
* Ensure that were premises, gates, barriers are unlocked to gain access and they are relocked, paying particular attention to the safeguarding of keys.
* Cleaning rubbish irresponsibly dumped (i.e. fly tipped)
* Carry out and assist with Loading responsibilities as required.
* Work as a member of a team and receive any instructions from Supervisors and communicate them to other crew members.
* Ensure paperwork is completed fully and passed to relevant Supervisor.
* Ensure the satisfactory completion of work in accordance with instructions.
* Ensure compliance with both company vehicle policy and all legislative requirements.
* Be compliant with Health and Safety at work requirements.
* Give advice, guidance and assistance to new or inexperienced staff.
* Carry out any reasonable task or other duties and responsibilities as may be required.
* Role can involve early starts/ operative to be flexible with hours as requested
* At all times carrying out responsibilities/duties with regard to the Company's Equal Opportunities Policy.
* Anything else within your capabilities.
What are we looking for?
* A positive attitude towards work
* Basic literacy skills
* Professional and willing to listen to company instructions
* Own Transport into work.
* Good approach to customer services and customer care skills
* Basic administrative skills
* Maintaining level of service in all weather conditions
* Experience of working under prolonged periods of sustained physical effort
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Willing to learn new skills
* Flexible approach to hours of work
* Technical competencies
* Health and Safety awareness and knowledge of Health and Safety requirements
* Manual handling
Please contact HRGO Northampton on OI6O4 62I333 op I or simply apply online by hitting apply button below
Thank you for sending your details. One of our consultants will be in touch shortly.