Process & Maintenance Engineer
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Salary: £46300.00 P/A
Shift Pattern: Tuesday to Saturday 3pm to midnight
We are seeking a highly skilled and dedicated Process & Maintenance Engineer to join a dynamic Engineering team. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring all production equipment is maintained to an agreed standard, conducting fault finding and repairs, and continually reviewing production processes and equipment. The Process & Maintenance Engineer will also execute planned and preventative maintenance programmes, participate in continuous improvement initiatives, monitor equipment performance, and ensure compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Ensure all production equipment is maintained to an agreed standard, conducting necessary repairs and fault finding while managing daily demands.
- Continually review production processes and equipment to identify areas for improvement and implement necessary changes.
- Execute planned and preventative maintenance programmes on time and within budget to minimise downtime and maximise equipment efficiency.
- Participate in continuous improvement programmes to enhance productivity, quality, and efficiency.
- Monitor equipment performance against set Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and take necessary actions to maintain optimal performance levels.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations at all times, promoting a safe working environment.
- Assist the hygiene team with machine dismantle and reassembly as required.
- Participate as a member of the Engineering team, providing input to continuous improvement initiatives to contribute to the overall success of the business.
- Demonstrate solid experience in electrical control and drive circuits.
- Display a sound knowledge of Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) systems and an understanding of mechanical and pneumatic systems in line with current legislations (HASAWA, COSHH, PUWER, LOLER, WAHR, and Electricity at Work Act).
- Possess a minimum of HNC/NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in an electrical biased engineering discipline or completed an engineering apprenticeship.
- Be fully qualified in the 17th edition.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field is preferred.
- Proven experience in a similar role, preferably within a manufacturing or production environment.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent knowledge of maintenance best practices and procedures.
- Proficiency in using maintenance management software and computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and a focus on quality.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
If you are a motivated and skilled Process & Maintenance Engineer looking for a challenging role in a dynamic environment, we would love to hear from you.
Simply start typing below and when you're done, click the 'Save' button at the bottom of this page.