£40,000 - £55,000 DOE + AMAZING benefits package & working environment!
Incredible Mid to Senior level Medical Writer opportunity specialising in writing engaging medical material, delivering quality and innovative projects in medical communications and events. This is an amazing role working within an exciting and fast expanding medical communications agency, who want to truly make a difference within the medical industry. Our client has built an incredible team culture which nurtures and invests in talent. Not only do they offer a fantastic working environment, but they also have an incredible benefits package and perks on offer for all employees!
My client is looking for a highly experienced Medical Writer to join their organisation to further enhance the phenomenal success of this business. As a key member of the writing team, you will work closely with colleagues in Account Management teams on a range of medical communications activities, mainly within key areas such as oncology, gastroenterology, respiratory and ophthalmology, producing quality written materials for key clients within the medical industry. Tasks will involve working on various projects, writing training materials, slide kits, conference abstracts/posters, outputs of advisory boards and scientific symposia, manuscript writing, creative/strategic input, liaison with clients, opinion leaders and outside contractors.
- Prepare high-quality written materials across a range of media
- Evaluate scientific data and produce clear and accurate materials
- Interact with medical experts in a number of assigned therapeutic areas
- Seek to input both creatively and strategically in meetings and during project development
- Build and sustain successful client relationships
- Travel to client meetings and events as needed
- Keep abreast of advances and developments in a given therapeutic area
- Build and develop relationships with internal teams, collaborating effectively to deliver projects
- Assist in the development and maintenance of budgets associated with medical writing work
- Manage and plan all writing activities in line with an agreed and timelines
- A sound scientific understanding and strong writing ability
- An aptitude for distilling complex scientific information into engaging and effective content, with a keen attention to detail and accuracy
- A high level of personal motivation and initiative
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- An enthusiasm for communicating topics in science and health
- The ability to work independently and effectively in a team across multiple projects
- A flexible and proactive attitude, with the ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines without compromising quality
- The ability to accept and act on constructive feedback
- A desire to develop your career in a successful and growing agency.
- You will have a strong foundation in science, with an undergraduate degree in a biological or biomedical science
- Previous experience in medical writing/communications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate/advanced skills in Microsoft Office
- Excellent organisational skills, with a track record of delivering projects to deadlines.
- An ability to identify new customers through networking in order to win new business opportunities