Health and Safety Advisor
Our client is undergoing significant expansion and seeking an experienced Health and Safety Advisor to assist in the day to day running of their business.
You will join a dynamic and enthusiastic team, advising on the operation of health and safety matters within their large warehouse facility, and contributing to an overall strategy of forward thinking, collaborative and commercially beneficial health and safety.
Core responsibilities include:
- Assist staff throughout the organisation to ensure that the company's H&S policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Implement, monitor and manage Risk Assessments for all departments.
- Assist the businesses engineering department with ESH-related aspects associated with the product safety program and the value-based product development process.
- Ensure that all departments use proper procedures for hazardous and non-hazardous waste classification, management and disposal and manage the businesses relationship with waste disposal vendors.
- Lead incident investigations and root cause corrective action plans and corrective action implementation.
- Assists in the internal and external reporting requirements to ensure that they are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Work closely with sub-contractors to ensure that they operate within the scope of applicable laws and regulations and the businesses requirements through vetting, audits and inspections.
- Coordinates and updates Business Continuity plan in line with ongoing Company growth and change.
- Assist with intergroup companies policy's and procedures as necessary.
- To support the Company in maintaining the highest possible standards of Health and Safety at Work, this in accordance with current legislation and policies laid down by the Company.
- Must work within established Company policies and procedures.
- Carry out other tasks as may be defined that may be required in order to develop the business.
The successful applicant must provide evidence of the following:
- NEBOSH General Certificate (or Equivalent)
- Relevant knowledge and understanding of Environmental, Health and Safety Law and its application to the work environment.
- Ability to communicate and engage with all levels of personnel.
- Proven presentation and organisational capabilities
Monday to Friday
For more information, please send your up to-date CV and Covering letter to Claire Turner at HRGO.