HR GO Recruitment are proud to be assisting a worldwide, highly reputable firm in their search for a Customs Clearance Operator This organisation has been established for over 30 years and in that time, they have created and maintained long-lasting working relationships with clients from across the globe. They are seeking someone who shares their passion for growth as well as personal development within the firm. As Customs Clearance Operator you will be responsible for calculating and processing customs clearances including duties and taxes to be paid.
▪ Effectively, efficiently, and accurately process primarily, but not exclusively, Road Freight customs clearances for all customers within the guidelines of all relevant laws and regulations.
▪ Work closely with existing customers to maintain service levels.
▪ Liaise with all customers, suppliers, government agencies, freight forwarders, importers, exporters et al as required to prepare and process primarily, but not exclusively, Road Freight customs clearances
▪ Arrange Import clearances in to Bond & removal from Bond for Road Freight, Sea Freight & Air Freight if required.
▪ Create, link & discharge all Customs documents including T1, T2, T2 groupage, T2F, T2LF, NES & NCTS export entries.
▪ Arrange ad-hoc Customs shipments and complete the invoices to be sent to Partners.
▪ Interface with HMRC regarding compliance issues as required.
Background within customs clearance and import/export is essential
Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
5 GCSEs, at a pass mark, are desirable for this role.
Excellent IT skills are needed for this position
Working knowledge of Microsoft 365, especially Outlook and Teams.
Must have a high level of accuracy.
This a full-time permanent position
Salary band is £24-28k, depending on experience.
Private healthcare is available to all employees upon successful completion of probationary period.
22 days holiday plus 8 statutory Bank Holiday days