Working hours: Choice of shifts including days, nights, sleep ins, weekends
We are a healthcare agency based in Stockport. As we know there are always more healthcare staff needed, but we always aim to provide the best service and candidates possible to our clients. To do this we can assist you with any training you may need and support you to be the best you can be in this field. We also provide a 24-hour support line so if you encounter any issues, day or night, you can contact our team to discuss your concerns and get advice. Due to our expansion, we are currently recruiting for children's support workers in Ashton.
As a children's support worker, you will have the satisfaction of helping and assisting children with emotional and behavioural difficulties, and another three for children with severe learning disabilities and significant health needs. All with challenging behaviour. The age range of these children are from 8 to 18 years old, many of them are in there mid to late teens. These children would greatly benefit from a caring and patient individual to guide and support them on their life's journey.
You will be required to check each of service users' needs and progress by talking to them and tracking their progress. You will also be providing the children with personal care including toileting, dressing and feeding. Our client would require you to provide one to one counselling or group therapy sessions to the children. You will be teaching them living skills such as budgeting, shopping and claiming benefits. Another task would be providing is leisurely and creative activates for the children to do and creating a supportive setting for them. but, overall creating a safe, positive and comfortable living space for the service users'. You will also be helping the service users to become independent and deal with life and personal issues.
At HRGO we offer our employees:
* Great rates of pay
* Flexible working
* Free or subsidised training where required
* 24-hour support
* Permanent recruitment options
* Various shifts including: days, nights, sleep ins, evening and weekends
* Weekly pay
* A minimum of 6 Months experience in the UK within the health and social care
* Promoting person centered care and independence
* Ability to get on with people of all ages
* Understanding and empathy
* Excellent listening and communication
* Ability to work under own initiative and prioritise work load
* Ability to understand and follow policies and procedures
* Good writing skills in order to complete care plans and reports
The following will be required prior to offering work:
* Enhanced DBS certificate (online update service beneficial)
* References (to cover 3 years including 1 care reference)
* Full employment history back to education, explaining any gaps
* Health and safety training
* Patient moving and handling training
* Infection control
* First Aid including BSL
If interested in this position please contact HRGO on the email address email@example.com or call 0161 969 5192
Thank you for sending your details. One of our consultants will be in touch shortly.