Are you looking for a new exciting customer service role within Newcastle City Centre?
There is an exciting opportunity to work on the national helpline providing careers information, advice and guidance to citizens. You will also be delivering help to citizens with their Exam Results.
The National Careers Service aims to provide everyone with the best information advice and resources which help them to make more effective skills, careers and work life choices.
Successful candidates will help provide this expert support which will allow citizens to gain positive outcomes in learning and employment. Using a range of multimedia contact channels including webchat, phone, SMS and email, you will provide information to citizens on a one to one basis.
Key Responsibilities and skills required:-
- Minimum level 4 qualification is essential or degree level
- Excellent telephone manner with the ability to extract and retain information from customers
- Ability to work on your own initiative and also as part of a team
- Excellent listening skills with the ability to interact with customers in an empathetic manner
- Ability to multi-task, source information and provide advice and guidance to customers in a timely manner
- Excellent keyboard skills
As part of our commitment to professional development Helpline Advisers will complete a NVQ Level 3 in Information, Advice and Guidance and will have the opportunity to progress onto higher level learning programs.
Successful candidates will be expected to work for 37.5 hours a week with various shift patterns. The rate of pay for this role is £8.72 an hour.
Your must also be able to pass a criminal background check and also possess a degree level or NVQ Level 4. The solr will be starting end of April and you must be available to undertake a two week intense training course.
If you are interested in this role, please contact 0191 230 1818 today!