Salary and hours:
Paid weekly in arrears, 2 working patterns:
Monday-Friday between 6am-2pm or 2pm-10pm: £8.50ph
Nights: £9.96ph (includes shift allowance)
Friday & Saturday, 10pm-6am, 6pm-6am:£10.40 p/h
Saturday and Sunday, 6am-6pm: £9.50 p/h
Minimum of 37.5 hours per week receiving 30 minutes for lunch or two 15 minute breaks that will be deducted from your weekly wage.
Reporting to the relevant Cell Leader or Production Supervisor the jobholder will be responsible for the manufacture of product and achieving agreed production/delivery targets. The jobholder will be required to maintain strict quality procedures working in conjunction with company operating procedures, works orders, product guidance sheet/drawings whilst ensuring compliance with Health and Safety & Environmental regulations.
- Analyse production plan and material requirements for the shift.
- Manufacture product in accordance with the production plan and company quality procedures ensuring output, quality and customer targets are achieved.
- Completion of works order instructions, production data sheets, scrap recording sheets and any additional information requested by the Cell Leader / Production Supervisor.
- Maintain good housekeeping standards and ensure compliance with Health and Safety & Environmental requirements
- Ensure product requirements are manufactured to meet works order and product guidance/drawing instructions.
- Carry out product testing requirements in accordance with company quality procedures.
- Preparation of packaging as required.
- Delivery of finished goods to storage area/other departments.
- Monitor and record work in progress stock.
- Ensure the department Cell Leader / Supervisor is fully informed of all production, quality and health & safety issues.
- To carry out additional duties as requested by Cell Leaders / Production Supervisors.
Essential Skills, Experience & Qualifications
These duties and responsibilities may vary in accordance with work / business demands and are not exhaustive.