Our client based in Corby - Northants is looking for physically fit
Yard and Workshop Operative.
Full PPE required .
Shifts are 7am -4pm Monday to Friday.
Pay is £11.50 per hour (+50p/hour attendance bonus) .
Postcode for the location is NN17 5QT .
1. Work within workshop team to ensure environment, materials and equipment is available for timely construction of customer orders.
2. Organise yard to ensure maximum efficiency in the storage and availability of materials and finished units.
3. Stack completed chassis as required by the delivery schedule.
4. Move chassis between the workshop, spray-shop and yard in a safe manner.
5. Prepare and work with haulier to load finished chassis for delivery recording goods leaving site using the appropriate documentation.
6. Receive goods arriving on site and recording as per UEC goods in process.
7. Keep yard area tidy at all times.
8. Liaise with Workshop Foreman and team to make all materials available for the workshop in accordance with design drawing.
9. Work individually or as part of a team to ensure highest possible standards of production, health and safety and customer service are maintained at all times.
10. Ensure work space and social areas around the site are kept clean, tidy and safe at all times.
11. Keep all machinery clean and operational; flagging any concerns to the management team.
12. Commit to reducing costs and wastage of materials and time.
13. Engage with colleagues to investigate continuous improvements throughout the manufacturing process.
In excess of 12 months experience within a workshop or builders merchants.
Excellent communication skills.
Good standard of general education.
FLT Licence B1, B2
Gantry Crane licence
Full driving licence.
Good organisational skills.
Enjoys working outdoors.
Good team worker.
Willingness to learn further skills
Attention to accuracy and detail.
Electrical and Mechanical experience.
Qualified first aider.
Understanding of safe working practices.
HRGO are equal opportunity employers.
Please apply Online by hitting button apply below or ring HRGO Northampton.
Simply start typing below and when you're done, click the 'Save' button at the bottom of this page.