Shift Engineer - Electrical biased Maintenance Engineer
Salary: £40,469 pa, includes shift/ on call allowance. Plus overtime - Excellent OTE possible
Shifts: Earlies, days and lates, plus on call, two out of six weekends.
Location: Bishop's Stortford, Essex / Hertfordshire Border
This company is fortunate enough to have remained busy during COVID-19 and are actively looking to recruit a Shift Engineer ASAP
In the role of Shift Engineer you will have responsibility for implementing reactive, preventative and process development maintenance tasks. This role is based on a rotating shift pattern. Ideally with experience of working within a FMCG, Food Process or Food Packaging environment and have significant experience of working both on mechanical and electrical faults.
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
- To maximise the uptime of production machinery and to assist in meeting the agreed production plan for the shift.
- To undertake continuous improvements on the plant to improve productivity, ways of working and/or value engineering.
- To liaise with the Engineering Co-Ordinator and other Engineers to ensure that breakdown and planned maintenance is carried out as agreed and downtime is minimised.
- To provide 24 hour, 7 day cover as required to support the site operation.
- City & Guilds Level 3 or equivalent qualifications / Recognised Electrical Apprenticeship
- BS 7671 Qualification - 17th or 18th Edition - preferred
Salary: £40,469 pa, includes shift/ on call allowance, plus overtime
Shifts: Earlies, days and lates, plus on call two out of six weekends.
Commutable from: Braintree, Chelmsford, Harlow, Hoddesdon, East & North London, Bishop Stortford, Epping, Royston, Saffron Walden, Colchester, Cambridge
Please bear in mind that you may not hear from us straight away. Due to the high level of applications we receive every day, we can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position. If you would like to be considered for similar and future positions, or for a complete listing of all our current vacancies, please visit our web site.