Our client based in Corby - Northants is looking for physically fit
Saw and Workshop Operative.
Full PPE required .
Shifts are 7.30am -4.30pm Monday to Thursday & 7.30am-2.30pm on Friday.
Pay is £12.00 per hour .
Postcode for the location is NN17 5QT .
1. Work within workshop team to ensure materials are available for timely construction of customer orders.
2. Work alongside Yard Operative to ensure material is available ahead of schedule for cutting and supply to Jig Team.
3. Liaise with Workshop Foreman to plan cutting schedule with the view to maximising supply to Jig Team whilst minimising waste.
4. Check drawings to ensure material and lengths stated are correct.
5. Ensure saw is clean and maintained with adequate blades and consumables on site to minimise down time, reporting any concerns to the Management Team.
6. Keep saw area and material storage areas tidy and safe at all times.
7. Liaise with Workshop Foreman and team to make all materials available for the workshop in accordance with design drawing.
8. Work individually or as part of a team to ensure highest possible standards of production, health and safety and customer service are maintained at all times.
9. Commit to reducing costs and wastage of materials and time.
10. Engage with colleagues to investigate continuous improvements throughout the manufacturing process.
In excess of 12 months experience within an Engineering environment.
Good standard of general education.
Ability to read Technical Drawings and cutting lists.
Capable of prioritising cutting schedules to reduce wastage, minimise downtime.
Physically fit to manoeuvre steel beams.
Good team worker.
Willingness to learn further skills
Attention to accuracy and detail.
Good organisational skills.
Gantry Crane licence
Full driving licence.
Electrical and Mechanical experience.
Qualified first aider.
HRGO are equal opportunity employers.
Please apply Online by hitting button apply below or ring HRGO Northampton.
Simply start typing below and when you're done, click the 'Save' button at the bottom of this page.