*HRGO ARE HIRING*
To provide Technical Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) services, supporting the maintenance and renewal of the Lincolnshire Police Estate. The role will include the production of specifications, tender documentation, drawings and contract management in respect of both capital and revenue funded projects, reactive and planned maintenance work, carbon reduction initiatives, condition surveys and consultant/contractor management. The postholder will be required to provide a rostered 24/7 call out service and be able to travel to all Police sites across the County of Lincolnshire.
- Project Management, including the coordination and supervision of specialist consultants and contractors in the delivery of M&E related revenue and capital works.
- To produce specifications, tender documentation and schedules of works necessary to obtain competitive quotes or tenders in accordance with the Force's procurement rules and financial regulations.
- Produce innovative Carbon Reduction initiatives in support of the Force's Carbon Reduction Plan / programme and environmental improvement targets.
- Undertake building and M&E inspections, reporting on findings, specifying remedial works, appointing appropriate contractors and their co-ordination.
- Production of feasibility studies, option appraisals, technical reports and cost estimates.
- To effectively manage Revenue & Capital budgets.
- Provision of technical support to the wider Asset Management and Facilities Management team, supporting both the Asset Manager and Senior Building Surveyor on specific projects.
- Dealing with changing circumstances
- Supporting and working with others in a team.
- Delivering objectives
- Dealing with complexity
- Acting professionally
- Delivering great customer service
- Degree in Mechanical & Electrical Engineering discipline and 3 years' experience or ONC/BTEC level or equivalent in an M&E discipline with 10 years' experience.
- Produce feasibility studies, option appraisals, specifications and schedules of work.
- Interpretation and implementation of legislative and statutory requirements.
- Project Management.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of M&E systems within the built environment.
- Working knowledge of electronic Building Management Systems (BMS)
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of building / M&E related legislation, DDA, fire precautions, Asbestos Management, CDM, Health & Safety and Building Regulations etc
- Numeracy and budget management, monitoring and reporting.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Proven team member.
- Effective communicator and team member.
- Calm & confident under pressure
- CIBSE (or equivalent/similar professional qualification)
- Project Management qualification
- Proven practical experience in a similar role.
- Project managed delivery of capital new build projects and planned maintenance projects.
- Proof of right to work
- Proof of national insurance
- Proof of address