Position: Press Operator
Hours: 24/7 shift rota pattern
Salary: £22,850 including shift allowance
- The objective of this role is to ensure all cutters, mags and plates are ready for Printers as and when required for all machines.
This role encompasses the following functions:-
- Plate Mounting.
- Plate cleaning and storage.
- Ink Mixing.
- Printing job bags for all machines, check if artwork is required for jobs on press first.
- Ordering new plates and booking plate bags back in on DPA system.
- Ensuring new/replacement plates are put away and recorded, on the day they arrive.
- Returning ink mixes to the shelf, topped up when required.
- Putting ink deliveries away.
- Anilox cleaning, at least once a month and update the spreadsheet.
- Refreshing and cleaning sonic bath when required.
- Topping up the wash-up tank with water and cleaner once a week.
- Keeping cutter storage tidy and in correct order.
- Keeping pre-press room clean and tidy.
- Removal of print cylinders from press.
- Bringing next job to the press.
- Helping to do wash-ups when required.
- Efficient and effective use of time and materials.
- Maintaining Health and Safety within department.
- Maintain a clean and efficient department.
- Able to work 24/7 shift pattern
- Good communication skills .
- Able to work under own initiative.
- Basic understanding of Health & safety.
Please register with HR GO recruitment www.hrgo.co.uk/register and call us for more information on 0151 3471110