HR GO are proud to be working with Ashford Borough Council in the search for a temporary Monitoring Operator.
This role will be for 3 months working on a rotating shift pattern to cover the 24/7 surveillance desk. Shifts will be 0600-1800 and 1800-0600 and can include weekends.
Applicants MUST have a valid SIA Licence in CCTV Surveillance.
To be responsible for providing cover across the CCTV, Lifeline and Out of Hours services.
- To respond and prioritise emergency telecare calls.
- To operate the CCTV system in accordance with procedures and current legislation.
- To act as controller of the Town Net Radio and respond to the Police radio when required.
- To operate the out of house service in accordance with procedures.
- To prioritise workload according to the number of incidents and levels of risk being monitored.
- To maintain records of all activities and communications in response to each request.
- To report any equipment malfunction that affects the delivery of service.
- To provide the highest standard of Customer Service, maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- To liaise with partner agencies and all services with requests for assistance.
- To make decisions using knowledge and experience within parameters set by management.
- To work shift patterns on a rota basis including weekends and bank holidays.
- To promote a culture of strong communication and team working with the service and support other areas of the business.
- To follow Safeguarding policies and report any concerns.
- To attend training and team meetings.
- Experience with CCTV or Lifeline
- Experience of IT systems
- Experience of being innovative and problem solving
- Clear spoken English and clear handwriting
- Strong organisational skills
- The ability to speak with vulnerable people with empathy
- To be able to remain calm under pressure and dealing with potentially distressing incidents.
- Valid SIA Licence in CCTV Surveillance.