Working with the Serco Employment Skills and Enterprise (ESE) you will contact and provide support for the recently unemployed, the scheme involves engagement with participants to understand their requirements for support with their job search, as varying levels of support maybe required. The service is to offer a short package of tailored support to help them become familiar with current recruitment practices and understand sector specific approaches which may help them to secure employment.
All participants must have minimum of 4 hours 1-2-1 support and 1 digital group session, a personalised CV and Job Finders action plan.
The Job Search Advisor role delivers a professional and high-quality customer service on behalf of Serco and its client's. This role is to manage inbound and outbound contacts within agreed services levels across multiple contact channels to identify and record the individuals support needs. The Job Search Advisor will need to follow established scripts, procedures, processes, legislation and systems to source information on the level of support required.
Participants will be offered up to three sessions where the Job Search Advisor will provide information on a one-to-one basis to provide expert information, advice and guidance, and an enthusiastic service to participants to equip them with the right information to support their job search.
In order to provide personalised advice, adviser responsibilities include tailoring information to the participants situations, conducting research, monitoring developments in education, training and employment and raising awareness of support options available to them.
Part of this role is to understand the participant experience which will involve engagement with participants who are part of the scheme and completing surveys to understand their experience and use this insight to improve.
What you'll need to do the role
- Engage with participants by making outbound contacts in a professional, engaging and timely manner and in line with associated processes and procedures
- Record information on contacts and support requirements and maintain accurate records and systems
- Manage and protect all participant information, this includes sensitive information in accordance with the relevant legislation
- Resolve all dissatisfaction during the first point of contact wherever possible
- Providing the right information and support to the participant within their identified profile
- Must meet the training and development requirements of the job role
- Performance focused with a desire to deliver an excellent customer service
- A good level of education with strong literacy and numeracy skills
- A desire and commitment to achieving results and targets
- Experience of handling customer contacts and resolving customer enquires
- Ability to work as part of a team, support colleagues and promote excellent team spirit
- Ability to plan and organise time and tasks effectively
- Excellent telephone manner with the ability to extract and retain information from customers
- Strong administration skills, ability to record information accurately and demonstrate attention to detail
- Caseload management skills, demonstrate the ability to plan and organise time and tasks effectively
- Expertise in the use of a PC with experience of using office automation tools such as outlook, word, excel
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to interact with customers in an empathetic and non-judgemental fashion
This role is available to start on the 17th May 2021 for 8 days training and successful applicants will be required to undertake a criminal background check and provide 3 year's worth of written referencing prior to your start date.