HR GO are looking for
POST: IT Helpdesk Support Assistant
SALARY: Grade G, £20,748 - £23,228 per annum
STATUS: Fixed term Maternity cover until June 2021
CAMPUS: Predominantly Strode's but working at other Campuses when required.
ACCOUNTABLE TO: IT Services Manager
HOURS: Full time, 37 hours per week
- To provide 1st line support to College campuses ensuring that all IT resources are not interrupted during operational hours by providing pro-active support.
- To ensure all support calls and service requests are logged and administered using the appropriate service desk software and working to any agreed Service Level Agreement.
- To be responsible for the Reprographics room and associated equipment.
- To be responsible for placing and monitoring orders made for all of the Information and Business Systems Technology Department.
- Responsible for 1st and some 2nd line support to end users on all IT/AV/Printing related issues
- Ensure all support calls and service requests are logged and administered using the
appropriate service desk software and working to any agreed Service Level Agreement
- Ensure support calls are escalated to the appropriate member of the internal/external
team, using the agreed escalation procedures
- Monitor the helpdesk for recurring problems or emerging issues and report them to the appropriate member of the team
- To produce and maintain FAQs and guides for users on the IT Services systems
- Prepare regular reports on activity and issues in relation to the helpdesk and incidents recorded according to predefined report formats agreed with the IT Services Manager
- Assist with the support and maintain the College IT/Copying/Printing systems, which will include trouble shooting and management of faults
- Help maintain the College systems documentation
- To place, monitor and ensure that orders are fulfilled and paid
- Undertake and complete a range of work including copying, printing, collating, stapling, punching, binding, trimming, folding, stuffing and laminating
- Assist users with their printing / copying requirements
- Ensure that the College photocopiers, small desktop printers and other associated equipment are in good working order and contacting support providers and suppliers where necessary
- Be aware of and comply with current copyright legislation relating to photocopying
- Be responsible for the College post including internal, external and examination mail at the Strodes Campus
Should you be interested please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org