Position: Customer Support Advisor - Home working
Hours: Hours 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday between 8am - 6pm (no part time positions)
Salary: £8.72 weekly pay every Friday
Job Type: Temporary FTC (may become permanent)
Start Date: 18th Jan/ 25th Jan/ 1st Feb
Do you have excellent customer service skills are enjoy helping customers?
Our client delivers services to over 20 million claimants and customers a year and is responsible for helping people move into employment, supporting pensioners and protecting some of the most vulnerable in our society. As an essential public service, they help people lift themselves out, and to stay out, of poverty, through work, saving and support.
Immediate opportunities are available with our client, who are looking for Customer Service Advisors.
As Customer Service Advisor you will be required to dealing with both inbound telephone and online queries from the general public and advising on the best way forward for their employment status in line with government guidance.
There is a 5-day comprehensive training package providing you with all the knowledge required to handle the various call types. There is an excellent support network within the business consisting of a Virtual Floor walking Team. The team will provide on the spot answers to questions in the early stages of you taking your first call. A Helpdesk/Escalations Team who are available to offer ongoing support, and guidance. The team will assist with any queries/escalations you may need to raise. You will also receive support from an Internal Safeguarding Team, the Team are on hand to assist with calls from extremely vulnerable people. Full Safeguarding Training is provided prior to you taking your first call.
What you'll need to do:
- Provide excellent customer service to a diverse range of customers and employers.
- Access eligibility regarding benefit entitlement by examining the available facts.
- Assess claims and dealing with enquiries via electronic means.
- Support the Department's aim in the digitisation of all claimant services.
- Be part of a team responsible for creating and working in a service delivery environment to support the delivery of excellent customer service, quality and performance
- What we'll need from you:
- Customer focused and able to deal with customers compassionately.
- Resilience, able to work in high pressurised environments.
- Availability for the full duration of your assignment.
- Proof of your right to work in the UK. DBS clearance is also advantageous, but we can support with obtaining if you do not currently have it.
- PC literate
- Be available at short notice
- No annual leave during the training period (January/February)
- 23 days holiday + 8 days bank holiday
- Opportunity to build on Customer Service skills and give back to your community, gaining public sector experience.