We are hiring on behalf of a client who is looking for a Catering manager in Swindon SN4 7HG
In your role you will manage through a Catering Supervisor seven Catering Assistants, optimising the quality of the food, service and performance at each outlet. Achieve good quality at low cost and maintain high standards of hygiene and customer satisfaction to the Nutritional guidelines for schools and within budget parameters.
As a Catering manager your key responsibilities would be as follows:
▪ Assist the Lead Catering Manager in planning of menus in consultation with other site Managers to the agreed National Nutritional Guidelines.
▪ The Recruitment, training and maintenance of records of employees after training.
▪ Lead, motivate and organise the catering team on site ensuring any potential HR issues are
managed professionally, any levels of discontent within the team "nipped in the bud" before
escalating beyond control
▪ Maintain standards and financial performance at Malmesbury School.
▪ Plan and organise shifts, rota's and completion of timesheets
▪ Ensure Health and Safety regulations are strictly observed and record keeping, specifically in
relation to the G4s Catering Food Safety Management System for Schools
▪ Management of Budget and control financial outputs maintaining accurate and up to date records
▪ Maintain the quality of the product and service provided
▪ Ensure stock levels are maintained and approve supplies as required
▪ Maintain good customer contact with both external & internal customers
▪ Liaise with suppliers and clients
▪ Negotiating contracts with customers, assessing their requirements and ensure they are satisfied
with the service delivered. Including any hospitality requirements
Essential skills and knowledge you need to have:
▪ City & Guilds 706 1&2 or NVQ equivalent
▪ Good Culinary skills and expertise
▪ Practical Experience in Large Scale Catering
▪ Intermediate (Level 3) Food Hygiene Certificate
▪ Leadership skills
▪ Experience of managing provision of catering services.
▪ Sound knowledge of relevant best practice and legislation.
40 hours per week - Mon-Fri 07.00-15.30 term time only 46 weeks a year
Salary £25,750.00 per annum
If you think you would be suitable for this role please apply today with your CV!
Simply start typing below and when you're done, click the 'Save' button at the bottom of this page.