This is a great opportunity for Graduate Engineer with a few years experience under their belt who is looking for the next step in their career.
The purpose of the role is to take engineering projects (be that new plant, retro-fits to existing plant, resolving / improving plant issues or paper-based feasibility studies) from concept to completion.
A further key element is to ensure the Company is compliant with current and future Health and Safety legislation as applies to plant design, installation and maintenance.
As part of the senior management team within the Company, you will use your skills and experience to ensure that the engineering department works safely and effectively. You will develop and implement strategies to enable the company to progress and continuously improve. You will constantly strive to improve QSE standards while at the same time reducing cost and increasing productivity.
You will also contribute to business strategy, along with the other senior managers on site and actively seek out ways of improving the plant or processes / reduce on-going costs. You will use your knowledge of the overall business requirements to look for future investment requirements.
* Manage, on a day to day basis, the engineering department
* Control overall CapEx spend in line with individual project budget and overall company budgets.
* Set overall engineering / regulatory compliance policy.
* Set overall targets for the department in line with business needs and issue these as part of the overall site targets.
* Maintain good engineering housekeeping standards across the site.
* Constantly review work practices to see if health, safety, environmental or quality performance can be improved or costs reduced.
* Communicate business objectives and departmental performance / issues to the departmental employees.
* Perform all process engineering activities required (e.g. design, producing P&ID's).
* Act as project manager on all engineering projects.
Qualifications / Experience
* Experience at a managerial / supervisory level.
* Degree qualified in a Chemical / Process Engineering.
* Experience of working within a heavily regulated industry.
* Must be able to display technical knowledge of chemical processes and / or plant.
* Good computer literacy and competent user of AutoCAD software
* Have experience in working in a top tier COMAH site
* Understanding of regulatory compliance for a top tier COMAH site (ATEX, DSEAR, Ageing Plant, etc)
* Understanding of process and functional safety using HAZOP and LOPA techniques
* Understanding the use of CMMS and implementing adequate PPM strategies for Safety Critical Equipment and other maintenance duties
For more information please call Sue at HR GO recruitment on 0151 3474900 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for sending your details. One of our consultants will be in touch shortly.