Due to continued growth, our Client is looking to employ a personable and experienced Senior Network Engineer to join their team.
A full, clean driving licence is needed to meet the requirements of this role as it will involve some work on site for clients.
As a Senior Network Engineer for this super IT solutions company, you'll have responsibility for setting up, developing and maintaining networks for their clients.
You will need to:
* design system configuration for the networking environment
* define, document and enforce system standards
* improve the resiliency of current environments
* maximise network performance by monitoring and troubleshooting any issues or outages, report on operational status
* schedule upgrades to ensure network optimisation
* undertake fault investigations using information from multiple sources
* configure routing and switching equipment, VOIP services and firewalls
* provide troubleshooting if issues occur
* ISP Architecture (MPLS/SD-WAN)
* ISP Networking (to include BGP, Radius, LNS, etc)
* IP Networking including LAN/WAN/MAN
* High level experience in some or all of the following vendors is desirable: Citrix, Cisco, Watchguard, Fortinet, Huawei, Aruba (HP), Ubiquiti, MikroTic
* Also desirable is a strong working knowledge of: Veeam, IP Telephony, Windows Server, VMWare, Hyper-V, Exchange Server/Office 365
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
* recognise the importance of being customer focused in the business and the necessity to serve the needs of the end user.
* excellent communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate with customers who aren't technically minded.
* the organisational ability to take on a variety of tasks, prioritising your workload.
* analytical and problem-solving abilities
* teamworking skills to comfortably work on projects with the wider team as and when required.
* confidence working in a busy environment
* an excellent telephone manner, along with friendly customer service skills
£ Dependant on experience - please state your desired salary expectations upon application.
We endeavour to respond to all applications; however, due to the large volume this isn't always possible. If you haven't heard from us within seven days, please assume you have not been successful for this particular role. Thank you for your interest and please continue to look at our website for future opportunities.
Thank you for sending your details. One of our consultants will be in touch shortly.