Our client based in Broadstairs, Kent is looking for a Product Safety Advisor to join their team.
· Compiling and monitoring the company SDSs
· Preparing health and safety labels in line with latest regulations
· Assist in collecting, interpreting and sharing regulatory compliance issues and trends that will impact company products concerning REACH regulations / registrations, CLP, FCM, Global compliance, no deal Brexit
· Liaise with key suppliers and customers in order to ensure up to date regulatory information is available to the business
· Managing and maintaining REACH, CLP, FCM, global data for FSIS products and raw materials
· Assist in the preparation of documentation for the department line manager
· Work collaboratively with Global Product Safety teams to ensure product hazard classification, SDS authoring and H&S labelling requirements are harmonised across the group
· Collaborate with R&D, commercial/marketing team, supply chain and across the group
· A relevant degree (Chemistry, Toxicology) or professionally educated with work experience in a product safety, regulatory affairs/ stewardship
· Experience with sensitive market application regulations - REACH regulations/registrations, CLP, GHS, BPR, global chemical legislation's
· General knowledge of upcoming no deal Brexit implications will be a big advantage (import/export, GB CLP, GB REACH)
· Strong IT skills and experience establishing/ manipulating databases and document management systems
· Able to recognise regulatory changes and trends including FSIS market sectors and foresee impacts of change driven by product safety activities on other parts of the business.