Our client has a new and exciting opportunity for an Occupational Health Nurse to work at our client site based in London, W1H.
This is a full time position where the successful individual will work Monday-Friday, 7.5 hours per day between 8.00am and 4.00pm. You must also be comfortable working autonomously within this role.
The successful individual will be providing Occupational Health screening, treatment and emergency response services across our client site. This role requires the ability to assess and manage minor injury and illness, deliver health and wellbeing initiatives, and work with external organisations and other health care professionals.
- Provide professional advice, support and guidance
- Assess new clients presenting to Occupational Health
- Assess an individual's fitness to work for the appropriate job role
- Provide a clinical assessment of clients presenting with minor illness and injury
- Provide health surveillance
- Write letters to GP/Specialists in line with the Access to Medical Reports Act and GDPR
- Support the OH Manager to advise, monitor and assess the clinical practice of the OH team
- Respond to Client/Manager's requests for support/information on the working environment
- Provide competent treatments and successfully manage the referral of clients
- Maintain appropriate records
- Ensure clinical assessment skills are maintained in line with best practice
- Provide clinical support and cover to all Peripatetic Occupational Health Clinics managed within the contract
- Provide clinical support to the first aid provision on site
- Prioritise and manage the clinical caseload generated by the various clients
- This role will be roughly 50% safety critical medicals/Health Surveillance, 30% mini health checks and treatments, 10% Health Education and 10% Drug and Alcohol testing
25 days holiday, Health cash plan, perkbox
Registered general nurse or qualification in adult nursing
- Experience in Wellbeing and Health Promotion
- A&E experience
- Good PC/ IT skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good judgement and decision-making skills
- Presentation skills - for delivery of group health promotion initiatives, health and safety meetings etc.
- Motivation and ability to work effectively individually and as part of a team
- Good time keeping skills