Special Purpose Machinery Manufacturer to the food processing industry, requires a Mechanical Assembler / Fitter to produce special purpose conveyor systems and their associated sub assemblies to an acceptable standard as required.
It is essential that you have significant experience working as a Mechanical Assembler / Fitter. This is working in a clean manufacturing/production environment.
Typical mechanical skills such as marking out, drilling, tapping cutting etc. Familiarity of fitting motors, drive shafts, different gears, bearings, drive shafts etc.
* Candidates need to be able to read, understand and work from engineering drawings.
* Be proficient with the use of various hand tools and mechanical equipment.
* General mechanical assembling duties.
* Have significant experience of building special purpose machinery.
* Able to work effectively to deadlines.
* Able to work alone or as part of a team.
* keep the work area and equipment in clean and in good working order.
Salary Guide: to £22,848 pa. (£11.00 - 11.30 per hour region)
Overtime is paid at time and a half after 39 hours per week.
Location: Colchester, Essex. Easy access fropm the A12, on-site free secure car parking.
Please bear in mind that you may not hear from us straight away. Due to the high level of applications we receive every day, we can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position. If you would like to be considered for similar and future positions, or for a complete listing of all our current vacancies, please visit our web site.