Our leading client is looking for a qualified Lead Occupational Health Advisor to work on a full time basis at our clients site in London near Euston, NW1.
This is a full time position where the successful individual will work Monday-Friday between the hours of 8.00am-4.00pm.
The role breakdown is 30% management of three Occupational Health Technicians and 70% medicals, drug and alcohol testing and basic treatment service.
An OH qualification and knowledge and experience of OH construction is essential for this contract.
The successful candidate should be able provide a full OH remit in line with the client contract including consultation, advice, education, medical assessments and D&A testing where appropriate.
- To assess new clients presenting to Occupational Health whether in person or by written referral and initiate management of case
- To assess clients fitness to work for the appropriate job role in line with DHC policies and guidelines and issue appropriate fitness certificates.
- To write letters to GP/Specialists in line with the Access to Medical reports Act and Data Protection Act
- To support the Clinical Operations Manager to advise, monitor and assess the clinical practice of the OH team.
- To respond to client/manager's requests for support/information on the working environment.
- To maintain appropriate records in line with departmental protocols on record keeping.
- To provide health surveillance in accordance with current legislation.
- To empower Occupational Health Technicians and Advisors to undertake a wider range of clinical activities by ensuring appropriate training, updating and monitoring of relevant training programmes.
- To take a senior role in the development and provision of a high profile and pro-active Occupational Health Service.
- To maintain valid and up to date registration with the NMC and comply with NMC guidelines in relation to professional issues and clinical supervision.
- To maintain working knowledge of DHC policies and procedures and adopt these accordingly.
- Promote equality of opportunity and provide an environment in which the dignity of individuals is respected and free from workplace harassment and bullying.
- Undertake defined projects as agreed with the Head of Occupational Health to support the delivery of high quality clinically effective care
- Assist in the design and implementation of Health Promotion initiatives in partnership with the wider OH team
- Develop good working relationships and maintain effective communications with client's managers and other professionals and external contracts
- Responsible for equipment and its maintenance, resources and staff cover, clinical and administratively in partnership with the Clinical Operations Manager
- Provide Occupational Health employees with appropriate regular appraisals, ensuring training and development needs are identified and met
25 days holiday, Health cash plan, Perkbox
- Registration with NMC Part 1
- Postgraduate qualification in Occupational Health
- OH construction knowledge and experience
- Evidence of up to date knowledge base of professional and specialist issues
- Knowledge and experience of working in occupational health
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of professional accountability in the scope of professional practice
- Clear evidence of managerial experience
- Screening and medicals experience as well as drug and alcohol testing
- Negotiation and motivational skills, ability to accept and deliver constructive feedback
- Demonstrates a self-motivated and proactive approach to work
- Innovative and adaptable, with strong leadership and management skills
- Ability to work effectively independently and also within a team framework
- IT literate
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, written and oral
- Able to prioritise own workload and manage own time, self-motivated and capable of working flexibly and to strict deadlines using own initiative
- Previous experience in team management