Investor Relations Manager
INCREDIBLE OPPORTUNITY WORKING ON ONE OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST MINING EVENTS!
This role will be based from a stunning Central London office location when possible
Salary: £37,000 + Bonus
Super company benefits and rewards schemes
The Investor Relations Manager plays a critical role in delivering this service for the strategically important segment of junior mining companies with operations and projects across Africa. Working in conjunction with the Director of Investor Relations, the Investor Relations Manager's primary responsibility is to connect junior clients with potential investors, financiers and partners that can help develop their mining interests. To achieve this the Investor Relations Manager will coordinate targeted introductions, develop thought-leading content focused on key investment and industry themes and deliver networking opportunities that bring together the mining, investment and finance communities.
To excel in this role, the Investor Relations Manager needs to be an energetic, forward-thinking and confident individual with a sound understanding of key finance and mining industry concepts and who possesses the ability to develop deep working relationships with clients, colleagues and partners.
* IR Programme Development: Develop and lead an Investor Relations Programme specifically designed for junior mining companies looking to raise capital and/or improve valuation for the event
* Strategic Partnerships: Develop and maintain good working relationships with key members of the mining finance and investment communities such as bankers, brokers, fund managers and analysts to source leads, develop product/service ideas and maintain a general awareness of industry trends.
* New Product Development: Support the Director of Investor Relations in enhancing the Investor Relations service by developing new service offerings, such as non-deal roadshows and online materials, to be delivered year-round as well as contributing new product ideas for the conference in general.
* Conference Production: Coordinating the conference's dedicated junior mining tracks, including content development and speaker recruitment in partnership with the Head of Content and the Marketing and Sales teams.
* Business Development: Support the Sales team in promoting opportunities for junior mining companies to participate in the events programme that generate revenue.
* Lead Generation: Maintaining a database of the junior/African mining universe and sourcing potential clients for the Investor Relations service and/or other sponsorship and exhibition opportunities.
* Team Management: Coach junior members of the team on Investor Relations and Conference Production best practices and to support their ongoing professional development.
* Systems Development: Work closely with Operations, Marketing and other functions to help ensure systems, such as Business Matchmaking, are developed adequately to provide a seamless delivery of service for corporate and investor clients.
* Meeting Coordination: Coordinating highly targeted meeting programmes for corporate and investor clients with the aim of generating deal-making activity
* Event Management: Support in the delivery of marketing and networking initiatives, such as cocktail receptions and investor lunches, for corporate and investor clients.
* Portfolio Support: Support activities of our sister event in key activities such as the VIP & Ministerial Programme and speaker coordination.
Experience & Skills - Essential
* 2 years of commercial experience, preferably within a client-facing role and with a basic understanding of capital markets, corporate finance and/or the mining industry.
* Business development skills - you'll be required to travel internationally and will need to have the ability to engage confidently with senior members of the mining and finance industries.
* Financial literacy and analytical skills - confidence in coordinating targeted meetings between corporates and investors as well as generating meaningful insights and metrics.
* Excellent project management skills, specifically multi-tasking, time management and meeting targets and deadlines.
* Degree in Business, Finance or a related field