Do you enjoy working outdoors and have experience within a grounds maintenance role?
HR GO is delighted to work in partnership with Sedgemoor District Council in delivering local services within Sedgemoor.
We are looking for an additional person to join a local grounds maintenance team in and around Bridgwater, Somerset for a seasonal role to run from mid-March to October 2021.
You should be a team player with a strong work ethic and take great pride in your work.
- All aspects of grounds maintenance within parks, public spaces, cemeteries, highways, conservation areas, and other green environments.
- Grass cutting duties using hand and ride on mowers, strimmers and other equipment, ensuring parks, verges, open spaces and other sites are left clean, tidy and maintained.
- Assisting in minor landscaping works such as the planting of shrubs and trees.
- General garden maintenance and horticultural duties including cleaning hard surfaces, trimming and reducing hedges, cutting quality and amenity grass, maintaining beds and borders and assisting in the control of weed growth by the application of herbicides.
- Use powered hand tools such as brush cutters, powered pruners, long reach pruners, pedestrian mowers etc.
You will have:
- Work experience within a grounds maintenance role, or relative skills from another job role (outdoors / construction)
- Have an understanding of the basic principles of garden, horticultural or grounds maintenance
- Demonstrate the practical skills needed to operate powered hand tools safely
- A full driving licence
- Be physically fit and able to undertake manual duties and work outdoors
- Ability to follow written works instructions and complete paper records accurately
Preference will be given to candidates with experience of using relevant machinery; pedestrian and sit-on, Tractors, Gang Mowers etc. and horticulture / technical qualifications.
Day shifts operate Monday - Friday with an early finish on a Friday. Full PPE provided.
If you are interested in this role please apply online today or contact Leanne / Matt at HR GO in Bridgwater on 01278 555444 for an informal discussion.