HR GO are proud to be working alongside Ashford Borough Council in the recruitment for 2 Grounds Maintenance Operatives, for a 6 month temporary assignment.
We are looking for 1x FULL TIME Monday to Friday and 1x PART TIME Monday to Wednesday.
Hours will be:
March to April - 7.30am-4pm
April to August - 7am - 4.45pm
August onwards - 7.30am-4pm
To carry out the maintenance of amenities safely in line with work instructions, ensuring a quality service is provided that meets the customer's satisfaction. This will include grounds maintenance operations, street works, and cleansing duties across the borough, as well as some commercial activity. Some tasks and activities may involve early and late starts and weekend working.
- To undertake duties in areas in which you are competent and as directed by your team leader.
- To ensure the standards of work are consistent and compliant with work instructions
- Attend internal and external training as required, highlighting to your team leader any training needs which become apparent.
- Understand the Health and Safety Policy and procedures observing them at all times.
- To follow customer site rules at all times and immediately notify team leader if any sites are considered unsafe.
- Acknowledge and accept a personal responsibility for safety; making it known to the team leader if you are unfamiliar with the operation of any equipment so that training can be given.
- To take responsibility for ensuring that plant and equipment is maintained and fit for purpose. Inform the team leader of any defects to customer premises, plant or equipment.
- To take responsibility for the security of all plant and equipment at all times, ensuring that it is stored securely and locked away when not in use.
- To provide cover when required in relation to stray dogs. This may include collecting the dog, scanning for a microchip, taking to kennels, vets or reuniting with owner.
- Assist as directed with planned and ad-hoc events, elections and response to the emergency plan.
- Undertake all works in a skilled manner. Understand the correct Safe Systems of Work for the task to be undertaken. Be prepared to undertake further training as required
- Ensure all paperwork is completed as directed by the team leader / supervisor / coordinator or assistant operations manager.
- To be an ambassador, be polite and helpful to others and assisting the public with their enquiries and where appropriate signpost to services.
- Hands on experience of Grounds Maintenance
Benefits of working with Ashford Borough Council
- Use of Ashford Borough Council car park
- Use of Staff Room equipped with pool table, kitchen facilities and microwave
- Daily mobile sandwich trolley
- E-learning programme which focuses on continuous improvement
- Opportunity to apply for permanent jobs with Ashford Borough Council