Emergency Call Operator
Looking for a role that is meaningful and purposeful ?
HR GO are recruiting Emergency Call Operators to work in Bedford. This is an excellent opportunity to join the NHS on a full-time basis, supporting the public by answering and professionally handling 999 emergency calls with focus, empathy and attention to detail. 999 Emergency call centre operators are mediators, influencers, pacifiers, and life savers - no two calls are the same.
You would be working as part of a dynamic team to help support the 999 service. You will be dealing with potential life and death calls from members of the public. As part of the team you will be working in the ambulance control centre alongside Dispatchers, Clinicians and other NHS professionals. You will be directly involved with live emergency calls, taking vital information to help arrange the most appropriate care and support.
Shifts: The service runs from 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and all rolling shift patterns will typically involve working a mixture of day, evening, and weekend shifts.
4 GCSEs at grade C or above (or an equivalent qualification) including English
RSA Level 3, (or equivalent keyboard skill)
Required Experience & Skills:
* Previous call centre environment
* Understanding of medical terminology
* Customer service experience
* Excellent listening skills
* Remain calm under pressure
* Handle traumatic, emotional and distressing situations
* The ability to manage and support others during times of crisis -most commonly during an emergency
* Competitive rates of pay (Enhanced rates for nights, weekends and bank holidays)
* Incentive bonus
* Weekly pay
* Full training (we pay you to learn)
* Supportive and understanding employer
* Welcoming team
* Free Parking
If you feel that you have what it takes to be an Emergency Call Operator, we would love to hear from you, contact Ramsgate@hrgo.co.uk or call us on 01843 591798
We endeavour to respond to all applications; however, due to the large volume this isn't always possible. If you haven't heard from us within seven days, please assume you have not been successful for this particular role. Thank you for your interest and please continue to look at our website for future opportunities.
Simply start typing below and when you're done, click the 'Save' button at the bottom of this page.