Driver / Postal Walkers - BRENTWOOD
About the role from scorching summer days to the depths of winter, our postal workers play a vital role, delivering the mail.
It is a physically demanding job - but it's one the nation relies on.
* Work part-time hours between the hours of 12:30PM - 19:30PM
Saturday & Sunday full days - Parcel Delivery only
* Cover periods of leave for a fixed number of routes (so you will need to be a bit flexible)
* Sort the mail for your route
* Check your vehicle and join a colleague for your round
* Spend between four and six hours delivering mail outdoors
* Upbeat and self-motivated: You will be happy working solo as well as part of a team.
* Love of the outdoors: From rural farms to city apartments, corner shops to business parks, whatever the weather (and this being Britain, it can get quite extreme) we are there, six days a week. That means you will need to be happy being out and about.
* Good level of fitness: There is up to six hours per day of walking, so you should relish a role that keeps you fit.
* Excellent organisation:
You will need to be able to plan your round and make sure you complete all your deliveries in good time.
* Resilience: You will be able to work under pressure and with the public, acting as a friendly face that people know and trust.
* Flexibility: You will be working in different areas covering your colleagues' holidays, so you might need to adjust your working hours to match your round.
Driving licence requirements, A full UK manual driving licence (in your current UK address), with no more than six penalty points is essential, but a clean licence is preferred.
Please note you will be required to show this at assessment.
Simply start typing below and when you're done, click the 'Save' button at the bottom of this page.