POSITION: Credit Controller
LOCATION: St Asaph
The Credit Controller will be responsible for the effective and timely collection of the Companys trade debt from each of its trading activities. Due to the different profile of each trading activity, there is exposure to large customer volumes with low transaction values and vice versa.
This position requires integrity and professionalism, as well as exceptional relationship building ability across all areas of the Business. The role will involve exposure to private and sensitive information, requiring confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- Take ownership of all matters concerning the timely collection of the Companys trade receivables. This is to include:
- Ensure that all customer invoicing and account records are accurate, complete and reviewed on a regular basis.
- Ensure that all invoices are raised in a timely manner and in according with deadlines. o Ensure that any credit notes raised are done so in accordance with the Companys authorisation structure.
- Ensure that all customer receipts are posted accurately and in a timely manner. This includes all BACS, card, cheque and DD receipts.
- Responsible for ensuring full compliance with all requirements of running the Companys DD scheme.
- Establish methods, in partnership with Customer Services Team, Regional and Branch Operations Managers to ensure every opportunity is taken to mitigate the risk of growing customer debt.
- Set up procedures to chase and follow up outstanding debt.
- Issue customer debt statements and debt reminders.
- Proactively issue customer call lists to the Customer Services Team, reporting on the results to recover overdue monies.
- Control placing overdue accounts on hold and the subsequent activities to collect outstanding monies.
- Perform regular reviews of customer accounts on hold.
- Responsible for resolving all relevant customer account queries in a timely manner.
- Liaise with external debt chase specialists when required.
- Establish and provide regular and relevant reporting on the Companys trade receivable position to help ensure the effective control of the Companys customer debt.
- General accounting activities as required by the Finance Manager
- Provide general support to the Finance Team as required, performing any other duties consistent with this position as may from time to time be assigned to you.
- Committed to your own development through effective use of company performance review scheme and staff development process.
Experience & Qualifications
Experience in using Financial Force accounts system would be desirable.
Please call Nicola for more information on 0151 3471110 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org