- Construction Supervisor
- PERM - £35K
Our client is recruiting for a Construction Supervisor to join the team in Eastbourne. This role reports to the Construction Manager.
Please note - Telecoms, Narrow Trench and Public Street Works Reinstatement experience is absolutely necessary for this role.
The client is the leading local alternative network for Full Fibre broadband in East Sussex. Headquartered in Eastbourne, they are a community orientated network operator, whose aim is to significantly upgrade our regions broadband infrastructure, providing local jobs and acting as a vital enabler to grow our digital local economy, thereby creating further quality jobs.
The role primary purpose:
- Supervise civil contractors, liaising with the contractor supervisor and crews ensuring a consistent and high standard of work is delivered in accordance with the clients specifications
- Undertake collaborative approaches, validation and regular quality inspections
- Telecoms: 1 year (Required)
- Construction Supervision: 1 year (Required)
Key task and responsibilities:
- Ensure high standards of safe working on site
- Ensure high quality standards on site
- Supervision of the day to day contractor delivery
- Report on contractor progress and efficiency
- Undertake collaborative walkthroughs before, during and after work pack completion
- Undertake civil validations
- Carry out safety and welfare inspections
- Report any concerns, near misses or accidents to the H&S Manager
- Previous civils supervisory construction experience in a similar role
- Commercial awareness
- Able to work under pressure to deadlines.
- Delivery focused
- External site survey experience; NRSWA, Unit 2 Street Works Signing, Lighting & Guarding accreditation
- A team player, highly organised, confident and good communicator
- Attention to detail and accuracy coupled with a 'can do' attitude
- Full UK Driving License
- Experience of working in a young dynamic company
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company car
- Company events
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place
Please apply within;
We endeavour to respond to all applications; however, due to the large volume this isn't always possible. If you haven't heard from us within seven days, please assume you have not been successful for this particular role. Thank you for your interest and please continue to look at our website for future opportunities.