Our client requires a customer services PI call handler to work full time in Norwich, NR6 5NA.
The shifts vary over a 24 hour period, your rota will be given to you on your first day. Due to the shifts varying pay does too, the pay details are below.
* £8.92 an hour Monday to Friday.
* £12.67 an hour Saturday
* £16.41 an hour Sunday and Bank holidays
The role involves answering operational calls from the general public, and assisting them using the appropriate software/triaging tools. You will have to, at times, put the caller in touch with other healthcare services such as healthcare professionals, emergency services and community organisations. You may also need to contact midwifery services and doctor lines.
You must be available to work weekends and bank holidays (including Christmas day and Easter).
You will receive calls from healthcare professionals and must be able to give them accurate records of callers who have informed you of any health/safety issues. Prior to this you must ensure the triage process is followed and all information provided to you by the caller is recorded.
Confidentiality is important within this role, all records of caller information must be stored safely and shared only to the relevant healthcare professionals/departments. You must be able to provide procedures and advice over the phone when necessary and when the caller doesn't need further medical advice.
In terms of services provided to you, you may be asked to evaluate certain things such as staff satisfaction, audit reviews and equipment trials.
You may be working under targets, such as call responsiveness and speed. You may also be required to answer questions and concerns from the media within good time.
When it comes to uniform, you must make sure you are looking smart and professional at all times.
Below are things you will need to be aware of on a day to day basis.
* Maintaining a good relationship with callers
* Be polite over the phone at all times
* Deal with highly emotional, aggressive, abusive or threatening callers
* To communicate with callers relatives and offer them support
* To provide instructions to callers over the phone
* Dealing with distressed patients
This job advert states what qualities are essential for the role, below are the more desirable skills/qualifications.
* RSA Stage 1 typing or ECDL
* NVQ Level 2 in call taking
* Previous experience in clinical/ health care environment
* Experience of a quality management system
If you are interested in this role, please do not hesitate to apply online or email email@example.com.
Thank you for sending your details. One of our consultants will be in touch shortly.