HR GO - Ramsgate are seeking An experienced CCTV Operator to work in Margate, Kent.
* To proactively monitor a CCTV network for public areas within Thanet and to ensure that there is effective monitoring of the activity within the target areas.
The main purpose of this job is to identify through effective monitoring any criminal acts and liaise with the police to ensure that such activities are stopped and the perpetrators are dealt with.
To help deter, detect, disrupt and/or reduce crime, disorder and anti-social behaviour through provision of a professional and effective CCTV monitoring service.
To monitor the CCTV service network, viewing and responding to images from CCTV cameras, police radio, Enforcement operations and other information sources in accordance with our client's CCTV Code of Practice and Operational Procedures.
In compliance with all relevant and current CCTV legislation, Codes of Practice and all Control room procedures:-
* To proactively and re-actively operate and/or monitor cameras, images, footage, screens and other CCTV control room equipment and take remedial action(s) appropriate to the circumstances, incidents and/or events observed.
* To routinely check, test and monitor the functionality of all cameras and associated equipment on the CCTV system and departmental network, as well as record and report faults to or as directed by the CCTV Supervisor / Operational Services Enforcement Manager.
* To proactively and re-actively control, operate and monitor recording equipment; ensuring all relevant equipment records, retains and reproduces all required data to agreed formats and legal evidential standard(s).
* To action and respond appropriately (including the preparation and (re)production of images, footage, documents and/or other information) to reviewing and data release requests from the Police, members of the public, Enforcement Services and other agencies; ensuring that all requests, actions and outputs are recorded to agreed formats, and to legal evidence standard(s).
* To maintain the occurrence log throughout your shift, register all reviews and footage recorded from hard drives, and/or other information released to the Police and/or others; including requests for viewings of incidents by completion of control room attendance register.
* To receive, monitor, record and suitably respond to police radio, telephone calls and other communications from the Police, Enforcement Services, Third party members, members of the public, out-of-hours duty officers and others.
* To liaise with and inform the Police, Enforcement Services, and other relevant agencies of appropriate incidents, events and information relating to the CCTV network, assisting them as required.
* Where requested, to monitor and record the activities of, and provide assistance to the out-of-hours duty officer(s) and other staff operating out-of-hours; maintaining contact and lone worker safety arrangements when required.
* To keep and maintain suitable and sufficient records of all incidents, events and action(s) taken in a clear, legible and accurate way to evidential standard(s) in the shared Google document Occurrence Log.
* To prepare written witness statements and reports relating to CCTV incidents, events, images and/or footage as required and/or for use as evidence in court where appropriate.
* To attend court as a witness and present CCTV evidence as required.
* To maintain confidentiality of all information received in and/or used by CCTV Control.
Due to the high volumes of applications, we receive, we cannot acknowledge or respond to all applications. If you have not heard from us within 48 hours, please assume you have not been selected for an interview
Simply start typing below and when you're done, click the 'Save' button at the bottom of this page.