We are looking for a reliable, hardworking individual to join our team as a seasonal Park Keeper in the Local Authority. The successful candidate will be responsible for the daily maintenance and upkeep of the park, ensuring that it is a safe and enjoyable environment for the public.
They must also be reliable, flexible, and have an Enhanced DBS check or be willing to apply for one through us.
The primary duties of the Park Keeper will include:
* Litter picking , waste management and disposing of waste in a responsible and safe manner
* Upkeep of public toilets located in the Coastal Park
* Driving the park vehicle to pick up supplies and transport materials.
*Maintaining the garden areas of the park, including weeding, pruning hedge cutting, strimming and planting
* Maintaining the sand areas of the play area including raking, filling any holes and removing sand off paths using a back pack blower
* Assisting in the setup and take down of special events.
* Assisting in the maintenance of the park's infrastructure, including playgrounds, benches, and pathways.
* Monitoring the park for any safety issues and reporting any concerns to the Park Keeper.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualities:
* A valid driving licence.
* Have a valid Enhanced DBS on update service or willing to apply for one through us.
* Reliability and the ability to work independently for a long period of time.
* Knowledge of garden maintenance and landscaping.
* Attention to detail and the ability to work in a timely manner.
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
* The physical fitness to carry out manual labour.
* A commitment to health and safety standards.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and qualifications. We look forward to hearing from you.
This role will consist of 4 days on, 4 days off working pattern between the hours of 07:30 - 20:30 with breaks, with some part time placements available. April - October.
Please use apply button or call us on 01304 212 736 for more information
Simply start typing below and when you're done, click the 'Save' button at the bottom of this page.