HR GO are recruiting for an accounts officer for well-known company based in Ashford. This is a temporary role, for 5 months initially.
You will be required to assist and support the Senior Accountant in a variety of financial tasks including taking ownership of providing financial support to specific services, this will include support for budget setting, budget monitoring and Closure of Accounts.
You will also take responsibility for asset and capital accounting, including asset register maintenance and year end transactions for capital expenditure and asset movements.
You will be required to:
* Listen to customers. Understanding the needs and wants of customers and partners and then applying the correct procedures.
* Seek to understand their perspective and to promote positive outcomes. Encouraging colleagues to behave enthusiastically and innovatively.
* Work effectively with colleagues and with external partners to achieve shared objectives and produce the required results.
* To assist the Senior Accountant in the provision of accounting services which will include the preparation of service medium term financial plans, preparation of revenue budgets, final accounts closedown, budget monitoring and S106 Monitoring.
* Work with the Senior Accountant to ensure capital projects are monitored and variances reported through Budget Monitoring.
* Provide support on various projects as required, including analysis of large data sets using Excel and other software systems.
* Have AAT qualification or equivalent (including relevant degree)
* Have 2-3-year experience of working in an accounting environment or Finance department
* Have Excellent IT skills dealing with MS Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
* Have Good Analytical skills, attention to detail with a methodical and logical approach to work
* Have Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure, whilst working as part of a team
* Have Ability to communicate effectively