Support Worker Level 1
Greater Manchester - Stockport
£12000 - £13000 per annum
Start Date: ASAP
Personal Support, Care Administration and Record Keeping (Level 1)
1. To support service users on a one to one basis with personal care
matters including intimate personal care, eating, drinking etc. ensuring
the support given is in line with the individual support plan and risk
assessments whilst maximising independence and ensuring the
health and well-being of the individual at all times.
2. To support service users within their own homes to undertake daily
living skills such as ironing, hoovering, shopping and other general
3. To support service users in accessing facilities and group activities
either within the company or their local community.
4. To offer support with mobility issues through the knowledge of
individual support plans and risk assessments. This will include
assisting with transfers, using specialist equipment such as
hoists and overhead tracking, pushing wheelchairs, organising suitable
public and private transport and undertaking escort duties.
5. To undertake an ongoing risk assessment of the support being provided
and to highlight any concerns as soon as possible.
6. To maintain clear and accurate records, including financial records
where appropriate, of the support provided and achievements made by
completing the appropriate paperwork in place.
7. To be part of the assessment and review process in place for service
users and to actively contribute to this process by highlighting changes
in need, medical concerns etc. as soon as possible.
8. To report any safeguarding issues.
9. To administer prescribed medication via oral, inhalation, Buccal Midazolam (after specific training has been given and competences checked) and topical routes when supporting on a 1:1 basis and to feedback any issues and concerns as a priority.
Supervision and Training: (All Levels)
1. To attend regular supervision sessions with the company in order to ensure good practice in line with the Society's policies and procedures and comply with relevant CQC & Ofsted standards, requirements and statutory regulations.
2. To undertake all mandatory training relevant to the role of the Support Worker, i.e. manual handling, first aid etc. Together with the company identify skills gaps and how the gaps can be filled through a Personal Development Plan (PDP)
3. To undertake Induction and Foundation training in line with the Care Standards Act.
4. To undertake the Care Certificate and QCF qualifications as appropriate as part of the role of Support Worker in line with the Care Standards Act.
General: (All Levels)
1. It is preferably to hold a current valid driving licence, to have access to a vehicle insured for business purposes that can be used in order to travel to and from support being undertaken.
2. To work flexibly across the Cheshire area to meet service demand and needs
this will/may include weekend and unsociable hours.