Do you enjoy sewing? Would you like to be paid while mastering a hobby you enjoy?
Our well-established client located in Chard, Somerset are currently looking for an individual to complement their current team of professional Sewing Machinists.
You will be working with some of the finest materials and trained professionally to produce products of the highest quality as part of a small friendly team of dedicated professionals.
About the job:
As a sewing machinist you will sew and finish clothing items.
Hours of work:
Hours are day shifts Monday - Friday currently operated as 7.30am-4.30pm Monday to Thursday and 7.30am-12.30pm on Friday.
- Free on-site parking.
- 23 days holiday + 8 bank holidays (statutory for first 12 weeks)
- Light, open-plan working environment.
- A machine test will form part of the interview process.
- This position would commence on a temp to perm basis whereby it would lead to a permanent position for the right candidate following a successful 12 week period.
What skills and experience should you have?
- Previous sewing machinist experience would be preferred however full training will be provided.
- Some experience of using a sewing machine
- Dexterity for detailed work
- Organised, self-motivated with a 'can do' attitude
- Able to comfortably sit and concentrate for long periods
- Willing and eager to learn/hone a detailed skill
- Above average eye for attention to detail
- Take pride in ownership of work
- Able to work well as part of a team and welcome the opportunity to take on further skills and responsibilities.
- Experience working with industrial sewing machines
How to apply:
To apply for this position through HR GO Somerset Ltd please click to submit an up-to-date CV.