Senior Quantity Surveyor
£50000 - £55000 per annum
POSITION: Senior Quantity Surveyor
LOCATION: North Wales
HOURS: 8am-5pm Monday - Friday
Responsible for the financial and contractual administration of a project from award of contract to final account. Mentor junior members of staff and provide help and guidance when required.
* Attend internal pre start meeting and receive contract documentation from the Estimator. Review, analyse and assess requirements.
* When required represent the company at pre contract meeting with client.
* Assist Contracts Manager & Site Manager in preparation of the contract programme. Review and comment. Prepare procurement schedule noting key dates for subcontractors.
* Prepare cash flow forecast / cost projection and review with Commercial Manager.
* Re-measure main contract works during progress of the contract.
* Prepare and agree interim applications with clients representative.. Copy summary of application to Accounts Department. Ensure interim certificates are received by The Company.
* In conjunction with, Construction Manager and/or Site Manager identify variations, ensure relevant variation orders are received and value variations.
* In conjunction with Contracts Manager and Site Manager identify and assess any time delays to contract. Review and detail effects. Discuss with Senior Management. Prepare and submit time delay claim.
* In conjunction with Contracts Manager and Site Manager assist / prepare correspondence from site to third parties (Client, etc). Discuss with Senior Management when appropriate
* Prepare Client Report in conjunction with Contracts and Site Manager, attend and represent company at client meetings as required.
* Attend internal site meetings as required. Update subcontract procurement schedule and report to meeting.
* Prepare, submit and agree main contract final account as soon as possible after completion of the works.
* Ensure Making Good Defects and Final Certificate received by The Company on completion of outstanding defects.
* In conjunction with Contracts Manager and Site Manager monitor progress of the project for efficiency, waste, performance and careful expenditure.
* Receive monthly cost ledger from accounts department and check and analyse costs. Prepare cost liability schedules. Prepare cost value reconciliation statement and submit to Commercial Manager.
* Procure subcontractors
* Minimum 3no quotations for each activity
* Negotiate rates and discounts
* Compare and analyse rates against tender / budget allowance
* Prepare subcontract proposal for Senior Management approval
* In conjunction with Contracts Manager & Site Manager hold precontract award meeting with preferred subcontractor
* Prepare subcontract documents
* Re measure subcontract works where appropriate
* Receive and agree interim applications with subcontractors.
* Prepare payments certificates for Senior Management approval.
* Receive and agree subcontract final accounts. Prepare final account statement for acceptance by subcontractor
* In conjunction with Contracts Manager and Project / Site Manager assist / prepare correspondence from site to subcontractors. Discuss with Senior Management when appropriate.
* Ensure cash collection is always up to date.
* Collate CVRs and pass to Commercial Manager in time for monthly Management Meetings.
* Ensure all staff working with you comply with the Company QUENSH System.
* Ensure a pre final account meeting arranged with the Commercial Manager and Project/Site Manager is held before submission to Client or his representative of the Final Account.
* Liaise with Commercial Manager to ensure the following:
* Tender enquiries
* Tables and Charts
* Correspondence etc are all correctly stored in the appropriate file in the Company Computer System
Please call Nicola at HR GO recruitment on 011 3471110 or email your CV to email@example.com