Our client is a bespoke food production company, and they are looking for a Production Chef to join them on a permanent basis, following a 12 week agency placement.
Duties and responsibilities
* To prepare for the days production by ensuring all machinery etc is turned on and in good order
* To weigh out ingredients for the recipes, complete the appropriate paperwork and cook the products.
* To take responsibility for making fantastic products out of high quality ingredients to meet the team's high bar for quality
* To keep working areas clean and safe
* To help around the factory in whatever department needs that support
* To ask for help if needed
* To be flexible in attitude
A background in food manufacturing/food service/catering would be a benefit but mainly the company is looking for a flexible and amenable approach to working in a team. It is essential that the applicant is interested in good food and is keen to produce high quality products.
Full training will be given, so anyone can be considered. They are looking for the right person to fit in with the team rather than necessarily an expert cook from the start.
The factory works a Monday to Thursday 4 x 10 hour working week, currently 7am to 5.20pm although these times need to be flexible. There isn't much space, so ingredients are bought in a "just in time" basis and need to be used pretty much immediately. If there are manufacturing problems encountered, they would still have to find a way to finish the day's/week's program to use up the fresh or frozen ingredients, hence the need for flexibility.
This is a physically demanding job. There are times when you will be needed to lift and handle materials up to 25kg