The position holder will provide clear operational direction to the ocean freight forwarding team that delivers consistent 'right first time' service execution and accounting. They will ensure customers have an excellent experience, consistent achievement of service level targets.
* Plan business activity and delegate workloads across the operations teams through effective team and individual engagement.
* Ensure Standard Operating Procedures and Service Level Agreements are in place, and complied with, for all business handled by the branch.
* Review and develop existing process standards and KPI's to improve operational efficiency.
* Act as escalation point for the customer and network, ensuring any issues are raised with the Import Manager
* Conduct Company disciplinary and grievance procedure as appropriate, demonstrating a fair and consistent approach.
* Provide timely and accurate reports to Management as required.
* Engage and motivate the Freight Forwarding team through coaching, performance management and appraisal techniques.
* Provide weekly briefings to the operations team to ensure awareness of operational performance and future planning
* Coordinate holiday planning, ensuring absence is managed within company guidelines.
* Provide operational cover for the team in their absence.
* Promote a positive and supportive working environment equally for all members of the team.
* Monitor performance & cost of all external suppliers to the branch.
* Ensure all department administrative and accounting functions are completed within agreed timescales and deadlines, ensuring compliance with accounting standards and practice.
* Ensure successful implementation of all new network and BDM business. Attend client visits as required.
- Ocean freight experience - ESSENTIAL
- Experience of leading high performing teams