Essex - Clacton-On-Sea
£22280 - £24336 per annum OT Rates
Start Date: ASAP
Permanent Position - Immediate Start -
Excellent Earning Potential
With exceptional earning potential, with overtime regularly available and excellent overtimes rates. A Conventional / Manual Machinist / Toolmaker is required by successful; established specialist precision engineering company to undertake the manufacture of a bespoke range of propeller parts, short batch production work, and some assembly work.
You may also be required to operate CNC Mills and Lathes, for which training can be given.
Manual Machinist Key Tasks:
* Manufacture of propeller parts from various materials on conventional lathes, mills and NC & CNC machinery.
* Short batch production work.
* Manufacture parts within allowed tolerances.
* Assembly of parts using drawings and work instructions.
* Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
* Ensure compliance with health and safety.
This is not an exhaustive list and you are required to be flexible in your approach to carrying out your duties, which may change from time to time to reflect changes in the Company's approach to a culture of continuous improvement.
Skills and Attributes Required:
* Conventional lathe and mill setting and operating.
* Understand and read engineering drawings.
* NC & CNC would be advantageous.
* Good communication skills.
* Ability to learn quickly.
* Team player.
* Good housekeeping and health and safety awareness.
Qualifications or knowledge Required:
* A suitable engineering apprenticeship would be advantageous.
* Knowledge of engineering techniques
Hours: 39-hour week, permanent day shift.
Monday - Thursday - 7.30am to 4.30pm & Friday. 7.30am - 12.30pm.
Salary Guide: £20,280 to £24,336 (£10.00 to £12.00 p/hr) + Overtime rates - Excellent Earning potential.
Location: Clacton-on-Sea, Essex
Please bear in mind that you may not hear from us straight away. Due to the high level of applications we receive every day, we can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position. If you would like to be considered for similar and future positions, or for a complete listing of all our current vacancies, please visit our web site.