Other Benefits: Car allowance or company car, life assurance, employer contributory pensions scheme and upon completion of probation private medical insurance.
Reporting to the Managing Director, as Group Commercial Manager you will be responsible for managing and supporting a team of Quantity Surveyors and Buyers and encourage and develop the commercial department, implementing solutions, suggestions and procedures when needed. The candidate should have a strong knowledge of contract law and an understanding of current building regulations. You will also need to have previous experience of working with a main contractor within the construction industry.
* Manage and support our team of Quantity Surveyors and Buyers.
* To motivate and provide direction to the construction division to deliver quality products within time and financial constraints
* Recognise and exploit commercial opportunities to maximise returns
* Review and authorise subcontract orders and payments
* Ensure monthly valuations are submitted within the time frames stipulated
* Conduct management meetings, review budgets and performance
* Maintain existing relationships with clients and build new relationships to promote a positive image of the company.
* Monitor the financial progress of a project, promote a positive attitude towards variations, their valuing, encourage regular meetings and an honest up front approach to clients to ensure a fair resolution of accounts and claims
* Ensure the commercial interests of the company are protected. Act to mitigate disputes and resolve these if possible to limit the financial risk to the company
To be considered for this Commercial Manager role you MUST have the following experience, skills, and attributes;
* Proven experience as a Commercial Manager within a main contractor environment
* Strong Construction Contract Law knowledge
* Excellent communication and organisation skills
* Ability to work under pressure and prioritise tasks in order to meet deadlines
* High level of IT literacy and administration skills
* Good building regulation knowledge
* Full UK driving licence
Please call Nicola at HR GO recruitment for more information on 0151 3471110 or email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org