Engineering Stores Person
Bedfordshire - Biggleswade
£11.00 - £12.00 per hour temp to perm
Start Date: ASAP
Engineering Stores Person
Offering an excellent stable temp to perm position
Rate: £11.00 - 12.00 p/hr, Overtime at time and a half.
Immediate start available.
An Engineering Stores Person is required by a long established and respected engineering and manufacturing Company to be responsible for assisting with organising the arrival, storage, issue and reporting of material movements into the factory and in and out of stores.
The ideal candidate will come from an engineering/manufacturing background with experience.
The Engineering Stores Person will additionally assist as necessary with the maintenance of stock and traceability records held in the stores and will also help maintain the required stock levels.
You will also perform other duties associated with the stores function and material movements as directed by the Stores Supervisor.
* Issue requested consumable materials from the stores, recording transactions on the stock recording system.
* Issue loaned tools from stores, recording such transactions on the stock recording system.
* Assist with the receipt of material deliveries ensuring the items and quantities match with the purchase order. Reporting any discrepancies or quality concerns to the Stores Supervisor or Material purchase buyer.
* Assist with the matching of advice notes and purchase orders and delivering the same to the purchasing department on a daily basis.
* Maintain a good working relationship with the factory Supervisors.
* Stocking the job baskets with the correct goods from a pick list issued from the MRP Administrator.
* Prepare, protect and pack consignments for deliveries to customers and/or suppliers, ensuring that the items despatched will be protected during transit.
* Provide assistance in completing the Stores Supervisor duties i.e. cleaning staff as the stores work load permits.
* Assist with maintaining all material handling equipment ensuring it's kept clean and tidy.
* Deliver and collect materials as required.
* Apply experience and share ideas on improving procedures both in material control and across the factory.
Previous experience of stores and material handling is desired, along with a Forklift licence is required.
Competency in Math's and English is essential, and the candidate must be computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft software.
Working hours, 39 hour week.
Monday 7:30 am - 16:00 pm, Tuesday 7:30 am - 4:30 pm, Wednesday/Thursday 7:30 am - 5:00 pm, Friday 7:30 am - 12 noon
Rate Guide: £11.00 - £12.00 p/hr, Overtime at time and a half. - Good hours available.
Location: In the Royston - Biggleswade - St. Neots - Cambourne area.
Own transport required due to location
Please bear in mind that you may not hear from us straight away. Due to the high level of applications we receive every day, we can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position.