West Midlands - Wolverhampton
Up to £55000 per annum
POSITION: Engineering Manager
SALARY: Upto £55,000p/a
Overall Job Purpose:
The overall purpose of the role is to manage a team of engineers (electrical & mechanical) to maintain the facility assets and identify areas of improvements in the maintenance systems, helping devise improvement plans for PPM schedules.
In addition to this, be responsible for managing the maintenance staff by employing a structured approach to preventive and predictive maintenance, whilst responding effectively to unplanned equipment breakdowns; as well as working resolutely to reduce the incidence of breakdowns and to reduce the Life Cycle Costs of Asset ownership in an environmentally responsible manner.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* To ensure that all work performed under maintenance department supervision is carried out in a safe manner and to comply at all times with relevant Health & Safety regulations. This includes the supervision of subcontractors and their service engineers.
* To manage the Planned Maintenance System that incorporates preventative maintenance schedules for infrastructure assets.
* To ensure all necessary Service Contracts are in place to guarantee the plant and equipment is properly maintained and serviced to manufacturers recommendations.
* To participate in the design of contingency procedures for asset breakdowns.
* To assist in the allocation and measurement of approved KPIs and to trend departmental performance.
* To identify opportunities for implementing improvements to working processes and assets. Undertake or assist with their implementation.
* Select, train, supervise, and support all members of the Maintenance Team, encouraging team working.
* To provide a shift rota that provides the production environment with the required skill profile at all times.
Ensure that maintenance operations are undertaken in a safe manner ensuring that:-
* All necessary risk assessments and method statements are available.
* All necessary current best practice data are available and used.
* Staff are thoroughly trained in all safety aspects relating to their job.
* To apply company working practices where stipulated and, where necessary, develop, or assist in the development, of new practices.
To understand customer quality needs and to comply with the various audit processes to ensure that the expectations of both customers and Company's are met.
To interface with multiple subcontractors and customer senior management interfaces on a regular basis.
In addition to the duties listed above the Maintenance Manager is required to perform other duties as reasonably requested by the Contract/Facility Manager.
Feedback from internal colleagues and the site manager
HNC/HND or NVQ Diploma in Engineering Maintenance
NVQ Extended Diploma in Engineering Maintenance
Fault Finding capability
Problem resolution techniques
Microsoft Office packages - including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
SFG20 (Planned Maintenance Standards)
17th Edition Awareness
Basic PLC programming capability (predominantly Siemens)
Maintenance/facility management of up to 20 technicians.
Maintenance management of large facility (100,000 sq.mtr)
Strong communication skills
Ability to delegate
Clear and concise communication - verbal and written
Ability to demonstrate and coach team members
Tenacity and determination to solve problems
Methodical in approach
Calm under pressure
Positive team player
Flexible in terms of working hours and weekend working when/if required.
Please call Nicola for more information on 0151 347110 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org