* To help ensure the County Council fulfils its statutory functions as Commons Registration Authority and Surveying Authority, and in particular to respond to formal search enquiries, administer applications relating to Common Land, Town and Village Greens and Public Rights of Way and provide information to the public.
* Interpret Geographical Information Systems (GIS), old maps and documents to provide answers to formal property searches within specified timescales.
* Process applications from ensuring the correct legal procedures are carried out. This includes posting on-site notifications throughout the County.
* Invoice customers, ensure the correct receipt of fees, and maintain accurate financial records in line with County Council policies.
* First point of contact for general enquiries received in writing, by phone or in person, some of a complex nature, and redirecting more complex enquiries appropriately.
* Ensure all records are accurately maintained utilising Geographical Information Systems (GIS) and electronic databases as appropriate.
* Provide general administrative support to case officers within the Definitive Map & Commons Team
* Undertaking site visits to inspect application sites and post notices throughout the county, sometimes in remote locations.