Cambridgeshire - Huntingdon
£15000 - £17000 per annum
Start Date: ASAP
Job Title: Accounts Assistant
My client is looking to build a team with a balanced mix of creativity, commerciality and forward thinking to always stay one step ahead.
* Daily cheque banking, credit card and paypal reconciliations, identifying discrepancies and ensuring any corrective action is taken
* Secondary reconciliation for cheques, credit cards and paypal banking to Elucid and subsequent posting through to sage
* Processing supplier invoice - opening post, matching invoices to goods received notes, correctly coding nominal ledger, processing invoices and credits onto Sage (accounting for the VAT correctly), chasing invoice authorisation and making supplier payments.
* Dealing with supplier queries and taking action as appropriate
* Updating the sales, purchase and nominal ledgers with all payments processed through the bank account, ready for the end of period bank reconciliation.
* You will have excellent numerical skills, happy to work on your own or as part of a team.
* Accuracy and attention to detail are essential
* Candidate is expected to be computer literate (excel, email etc)
* The key to the successful appointment will be enthusiasm, competence and the ability to work as part of a team and independently using you own initiative