Account Manager - Retail
Hertfordshire - Borehamwood
Start Date: ASAP
I currently have an exciting opportunity for an Account Manager to work with a UK Accessories & Travel Goods Distribution Company, who require a dynamic, intelligent, motivated and passionate professional to drive international market leading brands within independent and mid-level department store accounts.
This is an ideal opportunity for a talented sales professional to take the next step in their career. The role is for someone who enjoys building relationships, likes to meet new people and has an open and charismatic personality with lots of energy. You will be an excellent communicator who is dedicated, organised and self-motivated and able to work seamlessly as part of a team or independently in a fast-paced organisation.
The role requires travel throughout the South East of the UK 4 days a week and one day spent in head office in Elstree, with trips to the North every 4-6 weeks and Scotland/Ireland every 3 months in order to strengthen existing accounts as well as establish new business relationships. This will include occasional overnights and weekends.
Salary: £26k to £28k + commission up (OTE £33k)
In addition, you will be provided with a Company car, mobile, laptop and excellent working conditions.
The role is likely progress to a Brand Manager within 2 years for the right person.
* Responsible for developing Independent & mid - level department store accounts throughout the UK & Ireland
* Plan & implement road trips to cover UK territory by developing effective journey cycles
* Build and maintain strong relationships through regular client appointments
* Supporting Sales Director through regular visits to key account branches/stores and sales administration support work
* Monitor weekly sell through from key accounts in order to react to best sellers and inventory levels
* Organise and conduct product training, including visual merchandising to retail sales consultants to maximise product sell through
* Review seasonal and monthly budgets with brand manager to ensure planned sales targets are met
* Positive commitment and contribution to the business at all stages - from budget planning, sales forecasting, stock control and marketing
* Service and grow existing accounts through the 'selling in' of product on a seasonal and continuous trade basis. An additional key focus will be training retail staff on brand DNA, product features & benefits, and best practice sales techniques
* Taking care of in-store merchandising to ensure the highest standards and best positioning for our brands
Account Manager Requirements Include:
* Previous retail experience
* Field and "on the road" selling experience ESSENTIAL
* Visual merchandising experience preferred
* Some travel and work at weekends required
* Excellent eye for detail
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* High level of organisational and analytical skills
* Hungry and tenacious attitude
* Laptop/smart phone proficient especially in programs such as Outlook, Word, Excel & Powerpoint
* Strong social skills and the ability to communicate well
* Ability to multi-task and to be flexible to change
* Efficient planning skills and time management
* Must be confident and able to present to small groups of people
* Full UK Driver's license essential