If you are involved in an accident, you must always:
- If there are any personal injuries to anyone you are legally obliged to report the accident to the police and to the client’s traffic office
- In any event, you must report the accident to the traffic office on your return to the depot.
- NEVER ACCEPT LIABILITY
- Co-operate with the Police and/or other road users at all times in giving names, addresses, insurance details, etc. BE COURTEOUS AND KEEP COOL AT ALL TIMES, AVOID ARGUMENTS!
- Obtain details of others involved and any non-hostile witnesses
- Obtain details of attending Police Officers
- Note down details of how the accident occurred
- Inform HR GO as soon as possible
At the end of the day, you must ensure that a full and detailed report is made of any accident or damage caused or sustained. It is part of your duty to ensure that whatever paperwork required by the client is completed before leaving the depot.